Welcome to the (hopefully more permanent) webpage for Grouch.app, an AOL Instant MessengerSM and ICQ client for GNUstep.
Grouch is licensed under the GNU General Public License, version 2. It requires GNUstep Renaissance.
Universal binaries. Requires Mac OS 10.3 for PPC or 10.4 for Intel. The tar file also includes source code.
Grouch can also work with ICQ, although results may vary and features may be missing. Set the server to "login.icq.com" and log in with your UIN.
- Finish GUI. This includes:
- Font preferences
- Finish OSCAR protocol code
- Error handling for add buddy
- Better ICQ support
- Contact list authorization
- Offline messages
- ICQ style profiles
- ICQ style away/DND
- Write documentation on how to create a protocol bundle.
- Fix on Win32
Some of these could be bugs in Grouch, or bugs in GNUstep. Not exactly sure.
- NSAttributedString problems
- Underlining does not seem to work.
- Mac OS X features not present.
- NSStrikethroughStyleAttributeName not present.
- NSCursorAttributeName not present.
- NSToolTipAttributeName not present.
- NSWorkspace-openURL: not supported. (Workaround present)